Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Launch Day Thoughts



Today was launch day, and I find myself feeling impatient to write more, publish more…more….more. So I paused today to remind myself of a few things:

1)   Three years ago at this time I didn’t have a publishing contract. I was beginning to gather information in case I decided to go the independent route. The latter didn’t particularly appeal to me for a variety of reasons peculiar to me, but I was willing to do it.
2)   Two years ago at this time I was terrified and excited because I was three months away from my first, ever book launch. I had gotten a couple of early reviews that seemed pretty good, but still felt like I was dangling over a cliff.
3)   A year ago at this time I was in the middle of changing agents. My prior agent was personable, but for some time I had thought we were not a good fit. It was a scary step to step off the wagon in mid-stream, but it worked out really well. I wouldn’t have been able to have the courage to do it without good advice from those who had taken the same risk.
4)   Which leads me to this year, when I’m awed by the support of my amazing author friends in this journey, who are always there with advice, support, and a good laugh.
5)   I’m so grateful for the support and love from family and friends. Sure, they have to be nice to me, but they’ve gone above and beyond.

6)   Next year?  Who knows? For right now, I’m just going to be glad that today was book launch day for # 4 and let the future stretch out ahead of me—enticing me rather than driving me.

And here's what the launch is for: 


No comments: